Music is an integral element of the school calendar. Students learn about the classical, folk & devotional music. Four types of instruments are exposed that happen to be used in Indian classical music:
- The tantrums (strings)-e.g., Sarangi, Sarod, Santoor, Sitar
- Susir (wind)-e.g., shehnai
- Avanada (percussion)-e.g., Tabla
- Ghana (Gongs, Bell & Cymbal)
Students also study the Hindustani music having five different forms:
- Dhrupad- the oldest with traditional compositions praising the gods & monarchs ( sometimes nature)
- Khayal- the dominant form of contemporary art music
Other forms include ghazal, qawwali & folk music.
The music studio design and set up is being done under the guidance of Mr. Amit Swamy-one of the leading background music producer & director who has worked with celebrated personalities like Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sonu Nigam, Suresh Wadekar, Sudesh Bhosale, Usha Mangeshkar ,Hariharan and more.
He has extended his expertise and services for various movies, serials, ad- films, jingles & feature films.Some of them include In the name of tai , tu sukhkarta , khulyancha bazaar, Soniyachi Mumbai,Sajan Sajani,Balika Badhu,Prem & many more..